Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Year One, Letter Four

HEY FAMILY!

So i am taking advice from...everyone and just writing one long email instead of a ton. But don´t worry, I am just splendid on computers so I type so fast. So Elder Yuma didn´t have to sit around waiting for me. Just to start...Morgan - thank you for the blog. It´s awesome. Some of the missionaries here have had Moms look at it and all of their moms have decided to let their technologically advanced kids set up blogs for their elders.

Yeah, I am pretty lucky for the language to be coming along so well. I have been praying for that a lot and i have been picking up really quick. We just had two Brazilian elders added to our room and Elder Jensen and Elder Gibbons were kicked out. So now we have Elder Tomocene from Mozambique and Elder Noaves from Londrina. I have been trying to talk with them as much as possible. They are so funny and so helpful. They made a deal with us that if we help them learn English, they will make us fluent in Portuguese. I figured that was a good enough deal. Elder Tomocene spent quite some time last time describing his pet monkey to me. And also noted that it is, in fact, a common misconception that monkeys throw their...bodily excretions. (He was very determined to make me understand that his monkey is well trained.) Elder Yuma and I taught the Medium Lesson of the Restoration in Portuguese for the first time in Portuguese. I thought we did really well.

Elder Johnston is pretty tight. I have become pretty tight with him. He is going to the Ciuaba mission. I am pretty sure...

Week four was supposed to be the really tough week for most missionaries. It went pretty well I thought. One elder in my district had a mental breakdown and kinda flipped out in class. He started yelling at everyone. But other than that I think it was fine. I signed up for teaching experience for tomorrow so Elder Yuma and I can get some more practice in.

So, overall the lessons and language are coming along really well. And I have been trying to follow the rules mom so don´t worry!

Well I am running out of time and there are a lot of people waiting to email so I am going to go and grab some lunch! I love you all and I hope you are all doing great. Oh and congratulations to Blake for that employee of the month. that covered parking spot must have been wonderful haha

I love you guys! OH YEAH! as a P.S. There is a mail strike going on so mail coming in and mail going out takes a super long time and some of it might not be delivered to me or to you guys. so i got a few letters and i have sent out a bunch but let me know if you guys have been getting them!

Love, Elder Ghormley

1 comment:

  1. "And I have been trying to follow the rules mom so don´t worry!"


    hahahaha i loved that

    ReplyDelete