Thursday, February 18, 2010

Year One, Letter Twenty Five

Opa.

Favorite Scripture: D&C 19: 15 - 24

Ok so i have got some bad news and some worse news. And some good news. And probably some great news. In all reality, I have no idea what kind of news i have. But here we go...

So Elder Guerrette and I were eating lunch yesterday and our Secretaries called wanting to talk to me about my protocol. The protocol is like the little legal paper that allows you to be in the country because our passports are at the mission home. It is also the thing that allows you to travel and such. So I lost my protocol in my first transfer and i told the secretaries, and they said they would send an email with instructions on what i needed to do. But they never did. And then the Secretaries were switched and a new secretary came in and told me that we didn´t have to worry about it. Great. SO anyway they called and were talking about what i needed to do to get a new one. But yesterday was carnaval, so all the police stations were closed and stuff. So he calls me back and says that he would find one and i could go there today or tomorrow. So all was good. Then after 2 more minutes he calls back and says i don´t need to worry about it. Why? Because i would be emergency transferred to Marilea last night. We have a bunch of new missionaries coming in that just got there visas from provo. so now they are showing up in week 4 of this transfer. so elder miller (the secretary) tells me to go home, pack my bags, and be on the bus to Marílea, São Paulo at 9:30. Great. So i was wanting so bad to stay one more transfer after this one. Instead, i get transferred without even getting to finish this transfer!! But now it gets interesting. We went to the Bus Station at 8:30 to figure everything out and guess what...Elder Ghormley can´t travel without a protocol. Awesome. So, we had the ticket reserved for tonight and I have to go to the Federal and International Police Station to get my protocol or to get a paper that allows me to travel without protocol. But now it gets better. Since Carnaval was yesterday, everywhere is closed until 2:00 PM at the earliest. Some places won´t open today at all. So now we will be praying that it won´t take like 2 days or something to get this worked out. Awesome. But yeah, I am being transferred. To a ridiculously small city in Marílea. I don´t know who my comp is going to be. But I don´t know why. Elder Guerrette and I were just killing it in Três Lagoas. We led the mission in lessons taught last week and we have 8 baptisms marked before the end of February. And I won´t be here for any of it. But that is mission life, I guess.

But I guess this is good news for you guys. For one, I will not be living in an apartment with that girl above us. So mom and dad, take a deep breath. Two, maybe my next area won´t be so ridiculously hot. Maybe it will. I don´t know. But I will probably have to wear my suit to church now. How sad. But yeah, we will see what my next area is like. I am already missing the people in this area. But the new Greenie that gets here will be blown away. He will see a ton of lessons and a ton of baptisms before his first month in the field is over. Haha lucky him.

Um what elseeeee

PLEASE GET ME CONNOR´S EMAIL ADDRESS. Or the address to the Knoles´ house.

I am sorry that I wasn´t there to help with the strip down of the yard. that sounds pretty rough. and i hope dad doesn´t have any problems with his back...that would be bad. have you figured out anything about it yet?? as for the movie you were thinking about...it is called "Failure to Launch." But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make blake´s room be your naked fish room. Not mine. :-D

Mom, thank you for your testimony. it was awesome. i love to hear everyone´s testimonies. it always strengthens mine to know what it is that my family thinks and feels about this gospel.

Dad, as always thank you for all the advice and help. I know that you are always helping me to be a better missionary. So thank you.

Ok i am running out of time! I don´t have a lot of baptisms or investigators to report seeing as how i don´t know how my new area is. But, here in Foz and Três Lagoas is going to be awesome. Keep praying for elder guerrette and his new comp.

I love you all so much! thank you for all your support and help! keep strong. trust in the Lord. He always does His part when we do ours. love you guys, tchau!

Elder Scott Ghormley

No comments:

Post a Comment