Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Year One, Letter Seven

Olá Familia,

Um favorite scripture...let´s go with 2 Nephi 30:8.

Yes, conference was amazing. thank you for reminding me of the wonderful hours of sleep that i used to enjoy. but i guess listening to the speakers was a fair substitute. lol

Mom, i think you are incredibly good at family history. and i´m not making fun of you. i admire that ability of yours. i am just saying that i may or may not have a time in my life where i am interested in it. but i probably won´t. haha but that is because you will have it all done by the time i get home from my mission. i don´t think i can trace anyway back beyond 20 AD. just sayin...

Oh and that Survivor Man is a personal favorite. they did it as a promotion for Will Ferrell´s movie Land of the Lost. and also to kinda make him seem real about it. but it was hilarious. i loved that one. he is quite possibly the least like Survivor Man out of anyone i will ever see.

Anyway. So I have just over one week left!! They are considering having us leave on the 21st now. If not, the 23rd. And if they decide to just totally fail at planning, the 27th. I am so psyched to finally get out into the field. I am going to just start pounding the Portuguese into my head here pretty soon. Maybe i won´t sleep and just study instead? We kinda accidentally had that situation in our room a few nights ago. Elder Ellis, Elder Yuma, and I ended up reading the Book of Mormon for like 3 hours. and none of us seemed to realize it. But it was pretty cool. I really hope i get a bomb trainer. that would be pretty splendid. Speaking of trainers...remember that one guy who trained Blake? I think his name was Adam Wadsworth? Yeah that seems right...guess where he is from? Roseburg, Oregon. Oh yeah that one kid who is my companion...also from Roseburg, Oregon. Elder Yuma was friends with Adam Wadsworth and his younger brother Clayton Wadsworth (who is on a mission in Germany). There is a little fun fact for you! I am pretty sure that there is a reason that Yuma and I are companions.

I can´t wait for the field. I know that it is going to be so hard and that it will probably be the hardest work of my life so far, but it will also be the most amazing two years of my life. I know that i haven´t really been met with many challenges growing up in our little bubble of Mesa, AZ. I mean when Organic Chemistry is on my top 5 list of hardest things ever, i think that is kinda lucky. So, i know that i have incredibly hard work ahead of me. but we did this thing in our district where we all told each other something we noticed about each person and something we learned or hoped to adopt into our lives. and i was told by about half of my district how hard of a worker i am and how i can be so powerful and spiritual but still have the ability to have fun and not be overwhelmed. which is something that i never really took the time to notice, but i am glad that they pointed it out to me. Irmão Ruiz told me that he sees so much of Blake in me and that is something that I really was proud of because he said what a powerful missionary Blake was and told me that Blake left a lasting effect on so many people here and that they will never forget him. If that is something that people see in me, then maybe i will be able to be that amazing missionary that can change the lives of so many people.

Anyway, so i went to this photo place today and got all of my pictures put onto a cd for 6 reais. i will be sending it home today. ummmm oh and also, Elder RIchard G. Scott will be coming to the CTM. he is going to give a devotional. here is the problem: he will probably come on either the 24th, or 25th. soooo if we leave early i don´t get to see him. how awful right? that is the only reason i kinda wanna stay. but whatever happens, happens. what else? um OH! we go proselyting in the middle of São Paulo this Friday. like, big city. kinda scared. but super stoked. it is going to be so bomb. The district that left this morning told us how tight it was. It sucked that they had to leave because they were the district that we were all really good friends with. They are going to João Pessoa. it is super hot there. they told us that the white shirts and garments don´t keep out the sun, so they still get tan but they will have a tan line from where their tie hangs. what lucky guys. lol at least it doesn´t get to -2 degrees Celsius in their area. Oh and along with that district were the other two remaining Mountain View guys. so i am the only one representing Mesa, AZ now. lol at least until Connor gets here. Could you PLEASE send me connor, jackson, and hyrum´s information? like emails and stuff like that. that would be awesome.

well i haven´t got my package yet, and i am really hoping it gets here soon. do you remember what day you sent it?? and as a reminder!!

DO NOT SEND LETTERS TO THE CTM ANYMORE

my mission home is:

Elder Scott Cleland Ghormley
Brazil Londrina Mission
Av. Higienópolis, 1100, Sala 61
Centro
86001-970 Londrina, PR
Brasil

Telephone # - 55 43 3324 9346

and for the return addresses of anything you send, put the mission home address. i will give you the address of the first place i stay asap.

i love you guys so much and i miss you! i can´t believe it has been 2 months. how crazy is that. and this is supposed to be the slow part of the mission. anyway! love you guys! tchau!

- Elder Ghormley

No comments:

Post a Comment