Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Year One, Letter Six

HEY EVERYONE!!



I have just finished reading First and Second Nephi again and I am probably going to finish

Jacob and Enos real quick tonight. Elder Yuma and I are going to be reading as much as possible in Portuguese so that we can learn faster.


I am glad that the family history is coming along and that you found some obscure

names from the 1400's and 1500's. haha

I guess I haven´t found the joy in that yet but maybe in time I will...


TRC was really cool. Yeah, the kids who we taught were all just members who volunteered to come to the CTM that day. The ages were just scattered. There were some that were probably only 12 or 13 and others that were getting ready for their own missions. It really helps to try and teach Brazilians instead of just the same kids in your district over and over again. Oh and for my Portguese scriptures...I got some cheap cases, and I am hoping to find someone out in the field that can make a set like Blake´s. There is a lady at the CTM that does it but it would be like 70 Reais or something so I think I will wait.


That story about Dusty was crazy!! I told you that house was haunted. I probably would have just kinda frozen there. Or maybe I would have tried to talk to him? I mean that might be an interesting convo right there. I am not surprised that he couldn´t sleep after that...talk about creepy!!


Anyway what are the updates...


My two brazilian roommates left today. I was teaching them english but I guess english is a little too hard to learn in the 19 days that they are here. one of them is getting on a 10 hour flight back to Mozambique where he will serve his mission. Talk about awful, but at least he will only be a few hours from home.


We went to the São Paulo temple again today. It was amazing. I absolutely loved it. That temple is so beautiful. The stained glass is amazing. The feeling there is awesome.


Conference weekend!! I can´t believe I never watched all 5 sessions before. I took 18 pages of notes and I still don´t think that was enough. It was amazing. The priesthood session was so awesome and I don´t think I have ever heard a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon like the one Elder Holland gave. I am pretty sure the entire auditorium went completely silent when he finished. The spirit was so ridiculously amazing after that. Well, before that, too. I thought my testimony was strong, but after his talk, I could never deny what it is that I know. It is unbelieveable how amazing conference was. I keep going over my notes and I am using them in lessons and stuff when I can.


We went proselyting for our first time on Friday. It was so crazy. Sorry, I use the word "crazy" a lot. But it was. I gave out the first Book of Mormon to this guy who was sitting on the sidewalk selling honey...or maybe alcohol? We aren´t really sure, but he was selling a golden substance in an un-labelled bottle. Erego, we decided that it was one of those two. And then we gave one to this lady at a bus stop. I never thought I would be able to communicate with these people after only...how many weeks? 6 or so? But we could. It was amazing. And we also gave one to this guy on his smoke break. I just really wish I could find out what ever will happen to those people. I already love the people here so much.

I can´t wait to get out into the field.


Elders Johnston, Jeffrey, Steadman, and Christensen left this morning.

We will be getting out of here pretty dang soon!


I am still loving it here. Not enjoying all of the rules....but we still follow them, so don´t worry. We have heard about some of the pretty big disasters lately...it is getting pretty crazy in the world.

I think I got a sense of a little more warning in this last conference.

Not so much about food storage as it was to get ready and buckle up...


Elder Yuma and I are still getting along great and the lessons and language are going great.

I love you guys all so much and thank you so much for the love and support.


I gotta go!!


Love,

Elder Ghormley

No comments:

Post a Comment