Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Year Two, Letter Thirty-eight

Hey everyone.

Scripture: Alma 31: 31 - 35. We need to trust in God. In EVERYTHING.
there is no other option. That is how we overcome.

So i can´t fully or honestly describe how I am feeling right now. As
we say in portuguese, "A ficha não caiu." Or in English, "It hasn´t
hit me yet." The last transfer has started. It is official. And not in
the way that we all hoped.

I was transferred. I said bye to everyone in Cascavel. Elder Griner
will receive an elder who has been out for 7 or 8 months. As for me?
Well, what do you all think happened? Judging by the past? I have
never worked in Londrina as one of my areas on the mission. My last
transfer will be in Londrina. A poorer area of Londrina. And it looks
like God isn´t letting me off the hook either. The name of the area is
Vivi Xavier. It was closed. Guess who gets to open it? I guess that
seems to be a talent that God blessed me with. So I arrived on Monday
night and picked my comp up on Tuesday before lunch. His name is Elder
Prado. He is from Goiás. He is pretty tight. And he saw a picture of
Lauren. And fell in love. He says that my sisters are "princessas." I
told him that both are off limits, but he seems to think that only Moe
is because she is the only one who is sealed in the temple. He already
tried to convince me to give him a picture of Lauren. We are opening
Vivi Xavier and the house is a mess here. Pretty nasty. But whatev.

ADDRESS:
Salim Sahao, 660
Londrina - PR, 86083-050

We didn´t get to have our interviews with President, so that sucked.
No one got to explain anything to him. But whatev. Now we just gotta
work our tails off here. Our area seems okay. We have nothing to work
with. We are starting from ZERO. So let´s see what we´ll get.

I said bye to Raulino and Elaine. I told them that i better be at the
top of the list of people to receive pics from their baptism. Marcos
and Gisa - the family that gave us the reference - said that they want
to come visit me in arizona in about 5 years because they want to meet
the people who raised "such a great missionary like [me]." hope i can
make you guys proud :)

I bet your class on sunday was bomb mom :) I love teaching about
baptism. I just don´t like shoving it down people´s throats like some
missionaries. i hope that connor can start thinking seriously about
the next few steps in his life and why a mission is essential to be
spiritually prepared for those moments. i know that dad, blake, and
stuart wouldn´t be who they are today if it wasn´t for their missions.
and i know that who i am has completely changed. i wonder if you all
will see a difference. lol

sorry that i was late to get the email to you. i love you guys a ton
and thank you SO much for all the support and advice. you guys are an
inspiration every day for me. everything that i am and everything that
people respect me for is all because of the gospel and the example
that you guys gave me in living it. i know that the gospel is true and
that Christ is our Savior. if it weren´t for that knowledge, i don´t
know where i would be in life right now. but i know that it wouldn´t
be as good as where i am now. i love you all. have an awesome week.
tchau!

elder scott ghormley

p.s. i hope that i don´t get lost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment