Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Year Two, Letter Forty

hey there!

scripture: Moroni 10: 3 - 7 A promise from a prophet of God that has,
quite literally, changed my life. And it has changed the lives of
millions and millions of people who wanted to know one thing - the
truth. I love the Book of Mormon. Through experiences that I will hold
sacred throughout my life, I can bear my testimony that the Book of
Mormon is true. If anyone honestly seeks a testimony of its divine
nature, with faith in Christ, they will know that it is true.

alright so things are going good here in Vivi Xavier - Londrina. as
good as they can go i guess. my comp and i are getting along a little
better. what elseeee. so we have an iron. solid. and we got our
washing machine fixed. even tighter. and now everything seems to be
going well in the house. the neighborhood isn´t the best, but it isn´t
the worst. we live on a fairly busy street. we found out at our ward
counsel that we are working the most populated area in Londrina. The
city has more than 500,000 registered habitants. Our area, which is
one of 12 areas in the city, has nearly 20 percent of the population
of the city. so one area - Vivi Xavier - that has one companionship is
responsible for nearly 200,000 people. talk about nuts. but it is
cool. we are basically excited and that is that. we announced
yesterday that we will have the Domingo do Amigo (Sunday for Friends)
in our ward on the 19th of June. so we are letting everyone prepare
friends and family to come to church and have a ton of people here.
the bishop loves us. i bore my testimony in sacrament meeting
yesterday and i talked about repentance. I indirectly directed my
testimony to the members and told them that if they didn´t stop
worrying about things that had already happened, and didn´t forgive
one another, they would continue living in sin. i explained that those
who didn´t repent and forgive others had no part in the atonement of
jesus christ. and then i realized how complicated repentance can
really be, but how worth it it is.

interesting comment: the chapel is right between two evangelical
churches. they play rock music, scream "hallelujah," and try to take
away the spirit from the sacrament meeting. lol

as for me? well Lauren, my shoes are...destroyed. but i am good. my
feet are holdin up. and my nails aren´t becoming ingrown for now. so i
am goin with it.

Aline, Jessica, Renato, and a few other investigators came to church
this week. Aline and Jefferson are married officially, and Robson and
Jessica are married now, as well. Renato is going to be the next on
the list. I have learned to love people more on the mission. I have
already grown to love these families a lot. Aline and Jefferson are
such an awesome family. Now we are just working to prepare them for
baptism and to have an eternal family one day.

i hope mom is feelin better. did the virus go away? that must have
been nasty. i am so grateful that God has blessed me so much with
health during these last couple years. i can´t believe how good my
health has actually been.

i hope that the internship goes well for you, blake. what exactly does
the job include? what do you have to do?

i hope that the bench works out well for ya, dad. :) i hope you don´t
hurt yourself. i can´t even imagine how many projects you end up
having per week. and i hope that you are able to have an awesome trip
and meeting in florida. humidity really does suck. lol. as for your
new missionary comp...Rud Hefner is such a great name. I want to give
this guy a high five just for having that name. But even though he
isn´t as good looking as your last comp (aka - your wife), look at the
bright side...i have NEVER had a comp that i found attractive.

mom, i know it must suck when no one is at home to chill with. but
look at it this way...in a few weeks, you will be sitting there
thinking to yourself, "wow...life was so much more chill when this kid
was in brazil."

yo moe and stu - how is the new house?! do you guys feel old? i feel
super old. i am gunna be 21 this month (as Lauren was so kind to
remind me). and as morgan so lovingly told me, i will make everything
go all wacky with the kids of our family. you guys are all even
numbers and i am an odd one. it isn´t my fault that mom and dad
decided to have me a year early. lol. i am excited to go visit you
guys one day. is jack liking the new place?

guess what! i ate subway for lunch today. such a blessing of Londrina.
big cities = american restaurants.

anywho. i am not sure what else to say. i think i am good. i am still
not trunky. i love you all a ton. i hope that you all have an awesome
week. and that everyone is healthy. you are always in my prayers.
SEMPRE. love you all. tchau.

elder scott ghormley

No comments:

Post a Comment