Thursday, April 28, 2011

Year Two, Letter Thirty-four

hey everybody. so for the first time in three weeks, i have p-day.
normal. great.

scripture: psalms 23

news:

Elder Griner and I are great. We had his first baptism of the mission
this week. Eduardo was baptized on Friday and Confirmed on Easter
Sunday. Sweet. He was super happy. He is way mature for his age. Johny
was interviewed and will receive the priesthood the Sunday after Stake
conference. We are working hard with lots of people, but there is one
family that is at the front of the list. Raulino and Elaine. We taught
about the Plan of Salvation. Such an amazing lesson. We marked their
baptism for the 7th and they accepted. Now it is just work, work and
more work. I love this family.

Elder Griner is still struggling with the language - and i just keep
helping him realize that that is how it is. He speaks well for a
greenie. I will continue helping him with his Portuguese. It is so
easy to just speak English sometimes, but Portuguese is essential. We
are already great friends. We work a lot and he is definitely keeping
up. I am the one who is dying. His shoes are still in perfect shape.
haha. But we are working a lot. And he is really excited to be in the
mission that he was called to. I would love to finish my mission with
him. There is a possibility for that to happen. Dad, he is from the
Granite South ward in Sandy.

Um President Tavares was serious with the 100 baptisms per week - 5200
per year. My math might have been a little off the first time. lol.
But this week, we achieved 38 baptisms. The most that this mission has
ever achieved in a week. On average, an awesome month would be more
than 100 baptisms. We had a goal in our mission to get 125 in a month.
So i guess i need to look at this from another point of view. It is
possible. I believe in miracles. I know that God wants us to be able
to do this. So I guess we just have to believe that it is possible. So
i ask for each one of you to pray. Ask God to help our mission reach
this goal. I don´t know what we can do, but i know that God will
prepare a way. Pray so that this week, we can have more miracles.

Easter was good. I taught our Gospel Principles class. Quality. Um the
meetings were good. Catholics don´t really know why they celebrate
Easter here, but they do. Getting drunk. Having cookouts. Inviting the
family over. Sometimes, if they are able to arrange their schedules,
they find time to go to mass for an hour. And then get drunk again.

I want my mission to be a moment that i will never forget or regret in
my life. I just want to give my all.

I will get to talk with you guys in a couple weeks huh? it will be the
last time that people will be excited to talk to me on the phone.
haha! no one will ever gather around to call scott again.

I hope Jackson gets around to crawling soon. And that he says hi to me
when we talk on mom´s day. I hope he liked his easter basket morgan.
lol

Say hi to everyone for me i guess. Thanks to colleen for trying to
send me a package. too bad brasil sucks with mail. i hope everything
is going great with everybody. hey blake...vocĂȘ aproveitou o dia do
beijo? acho que vc nunca teve essa oportunidade em Brasil...haha

LOVE YOU GUYS! HAPPY EASTER FROM BRASIL!

elder scott ghormley

No comments:

Post a Comment